Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Welcome to my new blog! This will just be a place for my reflections and thoughts on the adventures I have had so far in my life as a musician. It also might contain some off music subjects and lessons I have learned along the way in my general life path so far. I feel like I have lived enough experiences for two lifetimes and I look forward to sharing some of those things on here. If you enjoy it and are entertained then great! (I think you will by some of it). If not click on the next blog button and move on. Hopefully I can take you on a journey and paint a good picture here. I will do my best! At the very least you will probably be pretty entertained and maybe even inspired some times. Over my 14 year career in music I have had the honor of playing with some of the best artists in the world. From legends like Bono and the Edge to some new stars like David Archuleta to some eighties rock stars like Bret Michaels. My career has been interesting to say the least. I've gone from experiencing incredible moments I could not even believe were happening like playing on the American Idol Season Finale backing up the guys from U2 to tragic moments like being onstage during the worst rock n'roll disaster in history (Station Nightclub Fire in Rhode Island that claimed the lives of 100 people). I have experienced more than I ever dreamed I could, more than I ever thought I would, and more than I ever set out to do. And lived things that if I were to go back in time and tell my 17 year old self I would experience my seventeen year old self would never believe it for a second. It is a strange feeling looking over at someone you are playing with and grew up seeing on MTV and realizing they are facing the same way as you on the stage. And oddly I am kind of a shy person who never felt truly comfortable on a stage in the first place so the fact that I chose it as a platform where I make most of my living is strange to me. But nonetheless, it has been fun... So far... And if and when I go out on tour again I will blog from the the road. On life, day to day stuff, whatever. But I will do my best to create a great experience for you and something that will be fun/interesting to read. Feel free to let me know how I am doing in the comments section below. So I hope you will tune in and see where I go with this. I am interested to find out what comes out myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment